Follow Me On Twitter!

Monday, January 19, 2009

More CES 2009

In my last entry I mentioned CES 2009. Here are PC World's pick for the best products from the show:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/156388/article.html?tk=nl_wbxsld

Interesting, from the bizarre and downright unnecessary, to the practical and something many of us would want to own and use. Electronics has permeated every aspect of our lives. We recently purchased a 2006 Ford Five-Hundred. It is a nice car that is like new. However, the car has 14 onboard computers!!

Refridgerators and other appliance now have computers that are more powerful than the 8-bit computers we used in the 1980s. I guess this is why I find the CES so fascinating each year. While I do not consider myself a gadget geek (I use my cellphone to make phonecalls and nothing else!), I do like to see the direction electronics are headed into not only now but into the future.

More later........

No comments: