Follow Me On Twitter!

Friday, January 09, 2009

No More Politics, and CES 2009

So I have decided that the next few blog entries will be politics free. That's right. Anyone that knows me already knows I cannot stand Barack Hussein Obama, or most Democrats for that matter. So I will keep the commentary about the gun-grabbing, baby-killers out of this blog for the next several entries. That way I don't have to pay attention to the abomination (rhymes with Obamanation) of an administration as it is sworn into office and begins its rule.

So this entry will be about CES 2009. For those that may not know what that is, it stands for Consumer Electronics Show, and the 2009 version is underway right now in Las Vegas.

I have always been intrigued by this show. This is the convention where electronics manufacturers from around the world show the general public the latest in high-tech gadgets. You can get a sense of the types of items that will be unveiled at the show by clicking the following link:

PC World's Slide-Show of CES 2009


As you can see, there are some innovative and neat products that are shown in that slide-show. However, the thing that always galls me about the coverage of the CES is that rarely do they give any mention to practical, everyday devices. Devices with a "wow" factor, but that do not have a day-to-day life application are always given the most coverage. While real tech items that we use, like external hard-drives, take a backseat.

I'd love to attend the CES one year so I could see which direction practical devices are headed, as opposed to the gadgets that have no real practical use like wide-screen headsets. (See here for what I am talking about: Vuzix iWear.)

No comments: