Follow Me On Twitter!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Abortion In The News

Two news items today related to abortion.

Pope to Pelosi: Catholic politicians must protect life


North Dakota house passes abortion ban

It appears that with this new liberal administration, the abortion debate is going to become a focal point. One of the poems I have written deals with this topic, so I decided to share it:

Unborn

To be is not a choice.
I have no voice.
But I can scream.
From the beginning.
He knew me.
I am not, though I am.
Universal precondition.
Post-condition denial.
Not considered human though being human.
Only the born have rights.
Test-tubes need not apply.
Anybody listening? Any
Body care?
Love me for my potential.
Always and forever.
Stop what you are considering.
To be is not a choice.
Only the born have rights.
Can't you love me? Can't
You care?
Shouldn't I be wanted?
To be is not a choice.
I have no voice.
But I can scream.
From the beginning.
He knew me.
I am not, though I am.
Universal precondition.
Post-condition denial.
To be is not a choice.

No comments: