Follow Me On Twitter!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Off

As those of you that read this blog regularly know, I occasionally like to take a weekend off. I will occasionally just decompress from news and politics for an entire weekend in order to keep my sanity. Obama and his minions are driving me to the point where I was ready for just such a weekend. So I took this past weekend off.

So for me the biggest news of the weekend was that my 6 year-old daughter has her first ever loose tooth. She was very excited by this development, which came to fruition while she was eating an apple on Saturday night. Her and I spent the whole day together Saturday and it was one of the best days of my life.

Let me take a tangent here for a moment to encourage those of you with kids to enjoy every day you have with them. Time marches on and waits for no one. It is hard for me to believe that she is already 6 years old. If the next 6 years go as quickly as the first 6 did, well, I don't want to think about that.

Of course there are benefits to her growing older. She has turned into a huge daddy's girl. She wants to be just like me. I can't even begin to tell you how flattering that is. She is already talking about going hunting with me. She very much wants to join the local JOAD (Junior Olympic Archers Development) program. She even tries to eat like me (which means she often scoops too much food on her plate in an effort to "eat as much as daddy does").

The poor girl is apparently delusional thinking her father is the greatest person in the world. Again, I need to enjoy it because in another 6-8 years she'll think I am the dumbest person in the world!

I find that fall is my favorite time of year for so many reasons, some mentioned on this blog before. But hey, it is my blog so I can enumerate them again if I feel like it. It is my favorite because:
  1. Football
  2. Hunting
  3. Cider mill
  4. Halloween
  5. Hunting
  6. Annual trip to Frankenmuth
  7. Cooler weather
  8. Chili
  9. Fires in the fireplace
  10. Did I mention hunting?

That's right, fall is the most wonderful time of the year! And as my daughter has become older I find she enjoys fall more and more, so I now enjoy fall more and more. I can't wait for snow so I can take her sledding. She also loves to ice-skate.

Fall means that my decompression weekends will occur more and more. I know the next two weekends will be taken off similar to this weekend. And that next weekend will be spent with my daughter again, so let's make it 4 in a row! Not even Obama's inane policies could derail my fall weekends!

3 comments:

Writer X said...

You're a lucky guy, LoneWolf. And your daughter is lucky too. No doubt she'll remember these special times as much as you do. Glad to hear you had such a nice weekend! I watched the Bears beat Pittsburgh, so I'm feeling pretty good, too! :-)

nanc said...

our little zgirl will be 17 this week and she and pop are more close than at six - you never lose your little girl - they went golfing just yesterday and i'm taking her and a couple of friends to JBU to see RUSH OF FOOLS this week - when you have a good relationship it never disappears.

4simpsons said...

What a blessing! I love hearing stories like that. I am not the outdoorsman that you are, but my girls and I had a blast doing the YMCA "Indian Princesses" program together (until they got old enough to realize that they liked ballet much more than camping!).

You are laying an amazing foundation for a great life-long relationship with her. Blessings to you all.