Follow Me On Twitter!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fun With Obama Supporters!

I frequent a few different political discussion boards. Recently on one of them a poster posted the following:

Obama Bashers!!

I will start by saying that I am happy, that finally someone other than the stereotype typical white male won the seat of President of the U.S.
I believe it has served a purpose by showing our youth and the rest of the world that when we say "If you work hard, study, and dedicate yourself to something you can obtain your dreams here in America"

That being said, I make no bones about being happy with what I see happening here in America, and believe that it would have happened no matter who was elected. An incoming President inherits the former headaches of the person that is replaced. Obama did not create the problems with the housing industry, he did not create the problems of AIG, he did not create the problems of the auto industry, and he has not created the problems of the wars we now fight. He inherited them. These problems started many years before he became President, and was caused by both parties over time.

Now my question to all those that come on AT and tell us why he is no good is this,
WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY AND HOW, now I'm not looking for opinions here I'm looking for facts since I have read many threads here stating so called facts against this President.

Some of the questions I would like answers to are as follows

Would you have let the American auto industry here fail and if so what would you have done about the possible millions of people who would have lost jobs that are affected by this industry? and what would you have done to replace those jobs and how would you have done this.

Now AIG is tied up in just about everything we do here in America from the auto industry, the insurance industry, and the banking industry, as well as the manufacturing industry of this country, would you have let them fail as well, and again what what would you do for the homeowners and the layoff?

Now what would you do about the health care industry, it is proved that many Americans can't afford it, so it has become a drain on out taxes, what would you do to fix the problem and still let sick people be care for,

these are but a few of the complaints that I have seen here on AT from the political threads, but I have seen no valid solutions proffered.

Personally from a capitalistic perspective and one of being held accountable for your own actions I would have let them all fail, however at the same time there would be many innocent everyday workers who would have suffered due to the greed or mis management of funds, and therein lies the real problem faced by the President, no matter what color or what party one might be.

I have no answers myself and can't begin to understand the pressure a Sitting President must have everyday they are in office and the people one must appease in order to get anything done to be considered a productive President.

I will proffer this though, That any US CITIZEN that has worked and paid taxes their whole life for the GNP of this country, in my opinion should be ENTITLED to the best medical care we have to offer, and not a run down version because they don't have enough coverage, or monies to cover the cost. however at the same time I can not offer a solution as to how this would be provided, as I"m not one of the privileged few who actually has available to them the numbers needed to make an intelligent assessment of the facts, yet I see everyday here on AT that there seems to be a select few that in their opinions are capable of making such decisions and I await for their informed answers and solutions.
bobbyh


Here was my response:


Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyh View Post
I will start by saying that I am happy, that finally someone other than the stereotype typical white male won the seat of President of the U.S.

Why does this matter? I don't care if the president is black, white, male, female, etc. As long as they are willing to uphold the constitution and do what is best for America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyh View Post
I believe it has served a purpose by showing our youth and the rest of the world that when we say "If you work hard, study, and dedicate yourself to something you can obtain your dreams here in America"

Again, not sure why this couldn't be the case even if McCain, Hillary, or Ron Paul had been elected. -shrug-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyh View Post
That being said, I make no bones about being happy with what I see happening here in America, and believe that it would have happened no matter who was elected. An incoming President inherits the former headaches of the person that is replaced. Obama did not create the problems with the housing industry, he did not create the problems of AIG, he did not create the problems of the auto industry, and he has not created the problems of the wars we now fight. He inherited them. These problems started many years before he became President, and was caused by both parties over time.

Ahhh, now the crux of bobby's argument: Bush did it. ROFL Yeah, this is a brand new line of thinking. NOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyh View Post
Now my question to all those that come on AT and tell us why he is no good is this,
WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY AND HOW, now I'm not looking for opinions here I'm looking for facts since I have read many threads here stating so called facts against this President.

Some of the questions I would like answers to are as follows

So far you haven't stated one fact, just the typical Democrat talking points do defend an out of touch president that has no answers, and has accomplished nothing, himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyh View Post
Would you have let the American auto industry here fail and if so what would you have done about the possible millions of people who would have lost jobs that are affected by this industry? and what would you have done to replace those jobs and how would you have done this.

First, Obama did not bail out the auto industry. He "bailed out" GM and Chrysler. Ford has taken no Obama money and are doing fine. In fact, they are stronger now than they were before.

What Obama did was not save GM and Chrysler, it was to delay the inevitable. If Chrysler and GM were going to fail, they still will fail. You can't force people to spend money for cars they don't want. What was done was a bandaid was put on a severed limb. Fiat/Chrysler will not be solvent unless they make products people want, that are affordable. Same with Government Motors. Obama was no savior here despite your spin.

Gm and Chrysler should have been allowed to fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyh View Post
Now AIG is tied up in just about everything we do here in America from the auto industry, the insurance industry, and the banking industry, as well as the manufacturing industry of this country, would you have let them fail as well, and again what what would you do for the homeowners and the layoff?

I think you grossly overstate AIG's importance. It should have been allowed to fail. The SEC should have overseen the selling of AIG's business to more stable insurance companies. And with the amount of business involved you would have had companies falling over themselves to bid on that business. AIG's main problem was the fraud caused by government involvement to begin with it. Government is the problem, NOT the solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyh View Post
Now what would you do about the health care industry, it is proved that many Americans can't afford it, so it has become a drain on out taxes, what would you do to fix the problem and still let sick people be care for,

Nothing. The fact that "many" Americans can't afford it is grossly overstated. No one is denied emergency medical care already. Most of the legal Americans that don't have coverage don't have it by choice. I would do nothing except make it easier for private charities to help those that are really in need through further tax incentives for charitable giving. Believe it or not we already have a pretty good system in place, the government needs to get out and stay out of the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyh View Post
these are but a few of the complaints that I have seen here on AT from the political threads, but I have seen no valid solutions proffered.

Personally from a capitalistic perspective and one of being held accountable for your own actions I would have let them all fail, however at the same time there would be many innocent everyday workers who would have suffered due to the greed or mis management of funds, and therein lies the real problem faced by the President, no matter what color or what party one might be.

I have no answers myself and can't begin to understand the pressure a Sitting President must have everyday they are in office and the people one must appease in order to get anything done to be considered a productive President.

I will proffer this though, That any US CITIZEN that has worked and paid taxes their whole life for the GNP of this country, in my opinion should be ENTITLED to the best medical care we have to offer, and not a run down version because they don't have enough coverage, or monies to cover the cost. however at the same time I can not offer a solution as to how this would be provided, as I"m not one of the privileged few who actually has available to them the numbers needed to make an intelligent assessment of the facts, yet I see everyday here on AT that there seems to be a select few that in their opinions are capable of making such decisions and I await for their informed answers and solutions.
bobbyh

This last part did nothing but make your post confusing. You start out defending Obama. You then say you would do the exact opposite of what Obama has done or tried to do. Then you finish by saying you think every American should have free health care but provide no solution to pay for it.

I think in short what you are saying if you think those of us that dislike Obama's policies and effort should put up or shut-up. The problem with your whole premise is that I didn't run a 2 year campaign to get elected by pretending I had easy answers for all our "problems". (Most of which were not real problems to begin with.) So bobby, I would suggest you avoid forums like this if you don't like criticism of sitting presidents. I also wonder where your compassion for a president was the last 8 years.

I don't await your uninformed and media spun response to this because your entire post was based on untruths to begin with.


This is what we are dealing with folks. People don't care that they disagree with Obama on almost every point, they only know he is the first black president and therefore must be supported. That is B-O-L-O-G-N-A.

As stated, I don't care what demographic Obama falls into. I only care that his policies and beliefs are dangerous to the America I know and love. Someone like bobbyh may fall for the line that "in a crisis we must take unusual steps". But right-thinking folks realize that a crisis is no excuse to go against principles.

Principles that were right yesterday when the economy was booming, are right today when the economy is sagging. You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. And you certainly do not give a free pass to a president just because he is the first black president, or because the job is tough.

As I said in my response to bobbyh, Obama campaigned on the idea that he had solutions (he doesn't), and he always had platitudes in answer to every question that was raised during his campaign (and that is all he still provides to questions). Now that he has the job he deserves whatever scrutiny is thrown his way since he promised to wave his hands and make it all better.

bobbyh may have fallen for that act, but I certainly did not.

No comments: