Follow Me On Twitter!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Men That Stare At Goats

Every once in a while Hollywood releases a movie that looks so stupid just from the previews that i can't even fathom spending one red cent to see it. Here are a few:

Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd
Blades of Glory
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
-Anything with Jack Black-

Now comes a new such movie: Men That Stare At Goats.

Sometimes Hollywood doesn't even try. They take as many "stars" as they can, throw them into a film vehicle, and hope for box office success. Goats looks like just such an effort.

It stars George Looney (did I forget the C??), Ewan McGregor, Jeff Bridges, and Kevin Spacey. Immediately I am less interested because of Clooney and Spacey. I've always admired Bridges, but he alone isn't enough to pique my interest.

Here is the imdb synopsis: A reporter, trying to lose himself in the romance of war after his marriage fails, gets more than he bargains for when he meets a special forces agent who reveals the existence of a secret, psychic military unit whose goal is to end war as we know it. The founder of the unit has gone missing and the trail leads to another psychic soldier who has distorted the mission to serve his own ends. Written by Rob Harris

Eh. Okay. Now I know the unwritten rule that you shouldn't pan or herald a film without ever having seen it, but, as I said, the previews alone make this one dubious. After all, movie tickets are running at around $11 each, no way do I spend that kind of coin on a stupid film like this.

In fact, I'll go one further, anyone willing to spend money to see this film is a fool. Before you get upset with me for name calling, remember the saying: "a fool and his money are soon parted". Part with $11 for idiocy like this film and you fit that description perfectly.

1 comment:

Writer X said...

I'm glad I'm not alone on this one. The movie trailer is the worst I've ever seen. It's like it's an anti-trailer. Instead of enticement, it's a complete turn-off.