Follow Me On Twitter!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Toyota Acceleration Problems May Be Linked To Power Line Interference

New theory in Toyota's ongoing out-of-control acceleration problems. Some experts now think it could be linked to driving under power lines, causing electrical interference, and causing the vehicles' electronics to go haywire.

Apparently some of the crashes have occurred after the vehicles' have driven near or under power lines. Whether or not this ends up being the cause, it is an interesting problem. Toyota still insists that it was a floor-mat problem, and they've fixed that.

What is so interesting to me is that environs are pushing electric cars. Imagine the problems that could cause!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Power Lines, That's exactly what I've been trying to tell people. I had a car once that whenever I would push the talk button on my CB, all the interior lights would come on. I had to change frequencies so it wouldn't do that. It makes sense that an outside interference can manipulate the cruise control.