Follow Me On Twitter!

Friday, August 06, 2010

After Careful Consideration, I Cannot Endorse Rick Snyder For Governor Of Michigan

Based on this:

Click here: Right to Life unlikely to back Snyder

So unless Snyder is willing to say he would use his office to prevent EMBRYONIC stem-cell research, then I cannot endorse him, nor vote for him in his campaign for governor. I know he is anti-abortion, which is better than can be said for his opponent. But I don't see how one can claim to be for the sanctity of life, and yet allow rape and incest provisions for abortion, and support, unabashedly, the practice of destroying human-beings to harvest their stem-cells.

If he really is pro-EMBRYONIC stem-cell research, then I have to question the depth of his anti-abortion stance. It is shallow at best.

Note: I capitalize EMBRYONIC for two reasons. First, it is a misnomer. It should be called "LIFE DESTROYING" stem-cell research.

Second, to just say "stem-cell research" is misleading since adult stem-cells are easily obtained with no one's death being involved, IE ADULT stem-cells. Just another note: all of the medical breakthroughs involved so far with stem-cells have been accomplished with adult stem-cells. Which is why it is obvious to me that EMBRYONIC stem-cell research is less about the research and more about devaluing the lives it destroys.

No comments: