Follow Me On Twitter!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Transcript Of Obama's Press Conference Yesterday (on Libya and Gay Marriage)

Obama:
"I'd like to take a moment to comment on Libya. What Muammar Gaddafi is doing to his people makes me angry. It is unacceptable. I am going to jump up and down and scream until he stops."

(When asked if he doesn't stop?)"I will jump higher and scream louder until he does. With only small breaks in that activity for basketball, golf, and concerts at the White House."

(When asked if jumping and screaming was all he had planned?)"My team are discussing all possible options. Including us all jumping and screaming in unison. Unless I am playing basketball, golfing, or hosting concerts at the White House."

"Now onto another matter. Gay Marriage. In order to get elected I said I was against it. Then last December, in order to appease my base, I said my views on it are evolving. Now I am completely opposed to the defense of marriage act. It is unconstitutional, and in fact I believe that marriage should be redefined to being between 2 men or 2 women, and we should make opposite sex couples use civil unions. Further, if a person wants to marry an animal, or even an inanimate object, that is up to them. After all you don't choose who or what you love. I wish i had met basketball, golf and hosting concerts at the White House before I met Michelle."

"That's all, thanks for your time."

No comments: