Follow Me On Twitter!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg A Trend Setter? Well, Not Really.

So Mark Zuckerberg, the man who gave us one one of the biggest scourges that planet earth has ever seen called Facebook, announced recently that he is only eating meat that he himself has killed.

Click here for story: Mark Zuckerberg's new challenge: Eating only what he kills (and yes, we do mean literally...)

First of all, good for Zuckerberg. So many people think that their meat is a product grown on trees. They never see what happens to actually produce that meat.

In fact, I blogged on this subject a while back. When Aaron Sorkin bashed Sarah Palin for hunting, I noted that Sorkin is an idiot because he admits to eating meat and using leather, but leaving the actual harvesting of those products to others. Apparently Aaron wants someone else to do his dirty work.

Click here for blog posting: Aaron Sorkin Is An Idiot

So Zuckerberg is to be commended for "disambiguizing" (I love making up my own words!) the process of harvesting meat. Of course, many will look to him as a trend setter on the issue, and he really isn't.

You see, lots of people every year harvest the meat that they provide on their dinner tables. Meats of all kinds from a variety of creatures. Those people are called hunters and farmers. Zuckerberg is late to the table on this issue, but still to be commended for not making the mistake that Aaron Sorkin made.

Now if we could just Zuckerberg to shut down Facebook.

For my thoughts in the past on Facebook, see these blog posts:

Facebook Is Rotten
Facebook Is Rotten Part 2
Facebook = Digital Crack

1 comment:

Neil said...

Great points about the downsides of Facebook, especially on the relationships with in-laws! Once a year with the "Democratic National Committee" was bad enough, but with FB I see their pro-union/etc. nonsense regularly (at least I did, until I hid them).

And of course, they see my conservative blog posts coming through, so they hate me more than ever.

I love FB for pictures and witty comments from my daughters, and some dialog with old friends and some blog friends.

Thanks for the reminder of what a time-waster it can be!