Follow Me On Twitter!

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Men Wearing Capris??!

I hardly ever use this blog for ranting. But I have to rant. What is the deal with men wearing capris?

Capris are ankle long pants. Women have worn them for years. Arguably they are much more modest than shorts or skirts, so I have always been supportive of women and girls wearing them. After all modesty is something this is severely lacking in today's American society.

But these things are patently female. And for this new trend of men wearing them, I just can't get on board with that. I recently saw a buddy wearing them in a family picture. Then last night in the grocery store saw two different dudes wearing them. I just don't get it.

Shorts that come to, or just slightly above, the knee are perfectly modest on men these days. There is no need to go girlie and wear capris for added modesty. Women don't look at your calves and swoon.

So men should leave the capris to women.

No comments: